Since mid February my site was down due to AutoSSL hosing itself and not renewing my site's certificate. Boo. My host did their best to sort it out - it's still not fixed but my host gave me another SSL cert for the time being. Man I missed seeing my site. I used my time to do what I enjoy doing - continuing to experiment with different coding improvements. Generally, by making a werewolf character sheet; using the work I'd already done on the WtA character journal
Werewolf the Apocalypse is a point based system, where you roll fist full of dice. To make your pool you add your stats together, so they're generally in the 1-5 range and displayed in dots. I experimented with a few ways of showing and interacting with the dots.
- Radio buttons, hidden, and using ::before to put dots in reverse order so I could use CSS to stack dots in a line
- Creating custom HTML elements that do their own calculations and build of interface
- Just... select and options.
I've gone with just select and options because the interface is much easier to play with. I found lots of issues with targeting radio/ labels in that they overlapped and I couldn't get margins to work. I've rolled that with a discord roller bot so you can pick statistics to roll and past the command into a Discord channel to game there. Fun.
Give it a go at Werewolf:The Apocalypse Chargen