Inspired by a few blog-owners doing a year in review, I'm going through some of my stats I collect. What happened this year from a paid media point?
- Trolls - 2.5/5
- Muppet Treasure Island - 3.5/5
- Treasure Planet - 3/5
- The Emperor's New Groove - 2/5
- SCOOB! - 4.5 /5
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - 3.5/5
Two versions of the Treasure Island story, that are different yet recognisable.
Scoob! was great fun, a nice harkening back to the cartoon. I really enjoyed the original-opening-sequence-redone montage near the start and the resolve was great. Dick Dastardly was magnificent. Falcon was... pointless. As was Captain Caveman, but he was at least entertaining.
I can at least say I've seen The Emperor's New Groove now.
The two muppet movies was a nostalgia trip. Still fun. Kids enjoyed em.
Indiegogo campaign delivers
This year we finally recieved the Miss Fisher movie and I enjoyed it greatly. I participated in the original Indiegogo campaign to fund the movie and it was delicious to see the end result. Good show.
Fun but... I don't think it lived up to all the hype.
Without Clockwork Cabaret I'd listen to very little
- Bad Guy (The Cog is Dead) - 5/5
- Haunted Phonograph (ThouShaltNot) - 5/5
- A Dark Cabaret 2 - 3/5
- Cures What Ails Ya (The Longest Johns) - 4/5
- Welcome (The Littmus Steampunk Band) - 3.5/ 5
- A Forest of Crumbs; Iron Terror; Remastered Instrumental; Warts and All (The Clockwork Dolls) - 3/5
- The Love Apocalypse (Unwoman) - 4.5/5
- Go Home Drama, You're Drunk (A Halo Called Fred) - 4/5
- A Thoroughly Modern Existential Crisis (Mr B) - 3/5
Just a few albums bought this year, and all because I heard one of their tracks on the Clockwork Cabaret and went "More of this please". Except Mr B who I heard from a friend first. Bad Guy is a super-singable villain-sed version of the original. Haunted Phonograph keeps my foot tapping. Hoist up the Thing has had me laughing all day. All of the above are worth a listen, your time and your investments.
- Knives Out
Heard good things. Hope it doesn't suffer hypeisis like Harley did.