As the weather's still cold enough to get away with layering, it's a great time in Brisbane to get out to a morning tea/ picnic in the Roma Street parklands. ROSEA and FAUST will be there, and we want to meet as many other individuals and groups with Steampunk aficionado-ness to socialise and talk shop. If I can scrounge a boules set there'll be that plus a few card games if it's not breezy and people are in the mood. There's a Facebook Event for those on Facebook, otherwise the details are:
- When: Saturday, 01 August 2009 from 10:00 til 14:00
- Where: Roma Street Parklands, Brisbane (aiming for near the lake, we should be easy to find)
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food (to share, or to eat yourself)
- A chair/ picnic mat (sitting in the dirt not-so-fun if you've spent a lot of time on your outfit)
- Shade (in case it's too sunny)
- Warmth (in case it's not)
- Drinks (hydration is key)
[Lady Alex, 2009-07-16 03:12:30] "Drinks (hydration is key)"
You refer, of course, to tea?
[Professor von Explaino, 2009-07-16 13:55:29] "Naturally, however as tea is mildly dehydratory I would recommend bringing along pure drinking water as well"